There is no getting away from it - we are surrounded by toxic chemicals everywhere we go, every day. There are pesticides on the foods we eat, plastics such as water bottles leaching into our drinking water, medicines & pharmaceuticals, toxic workplaces, processed and packaged foods, the latest tech gadgets, beauty and cleaning products... there are chemicals everywhere.
Unfortunately, these chemicals are easily absorbed into our bodies and have been linked to obesity, infertility, asthma, heart disease and even cancer. Toxic chemicals are especially troubling for kids, as their bodies are much smaller and are still developing.
Whilst it’s impossible to completely avoid chemicals, there are things you can do to reduce your exposure and the level of toxicity in your body.
10 tips for detoxing naturally
1. Eat Organic Foods - Choose organic fruits, vegetables, dairy and meat to reduce your exposure to nasty pesticides and hormones. Organic foods are grown or produced without the aid of pesticides or antibiotics.
2. Cut down on your intake of saturated fat as a lot of toxic chemicals are attracted to fat.
3. Eat less processed foods as these are often full of artificial additives.
4. Reduce your sugar intake, e.g. fizzy drinks, alcohol, foods with refined sugar or artificial sweeteners
5. Read Labels - Look for products that are phthalate- and paraben- free. Also avoid products with retinyl palmitate, a form of vitamin A that breaks down in the sun and has been linked to skin tumours and lesions.
6. Sweat it out! - Hot yoga, go for a run or hit the gym. Toxic chemicals are actually stored in the body, and one of the most effective ways to break down the fat cells and flush the chemicals out is through regular exercise.
7. Include a quality probiotic superfood such as Immunity Fuel into your daily routine. Immunity Fuel has 15 strains of probiotics which assist the body to heal itself by detoxification of the gut and digestive tract and boosting the immune system.
8. Make better choices with cleaning products and use less of them. Many cleaning products are toxic to breathe in and are especially potent for kids.
9. Avoid plastic and non-stick pans - Choose glass instead of plastic when storing food to avoid exposure to BPA and never heat plastic in the microwave, as this can cause BPA to seep into your food. Choose stainless steel or cast-iron pans over non-stick.
10. Drink plenty of alkaline water to flush out those toxins - aim for about 3.7 litres for men and about 2.7 litres a day for women. Squeeze some lemon into your water to help alkalize it.
These tips will help you on the way to removing toxins and living a healthier chemical free life naturally. We recommend a 100% natural probiotic like Immunity Fuel which contains live bacteria that get to work removing unwanted materiel form the digestive system and colon, whilst the organic wholefoods replace vital nutrients at a cellular level.
Happy, healthy, toxin free living!
Founder & Director, Immunity Fuel